This tiramisu is not for the faint of heart. Strong coffee, amaretto, and raw eggs make this a bold decision for dessert. If you're looking for something safe to take to a party, try something else.
All-the-Stops TiramisuThis tiramisu is not for the faint of heart. Strong coffee, amaretto, and raw eggs make this a bold decision for dessert. If you're looking for something safe to take to a party, try something else.kation
Ladyfingers (biscotti savoiardi)
Espresso or strong coffee
- In a large bowl, whip together the egg whites and first 3 Tbs of sugar until you get stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and second 3 Tbs of sugar until the egg yolks are frothy and a light yellow color. Add the mascarpone cheese.
- Mix the two egg mixtures together and add the amaretto, mixing until it is incorporated well.
- Procure serving container. Individually dip the ladyfingers in the espresso/strong coffee and place to line the bottom of the container.
- Place a layer of the egg mixture on top of the completed ladyfinger layer. (If you have additional ladyfingers, only place a thin section and then re-layer with additional ladyfingers). Place the remaining egg mixture on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator and let chill 6-8 hours (or overnight, if you have more time).
- Immediately before serving, dust the top with cocoa powder. Enjoy!