Small morsels of shredded coconut held together with flour, brown sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. "Besitos de Coco" translates to 'Little Coconut Kisses'.
Besitos de Coco (Little Coconut Kisses)Small morsels of shredded coconut held together with flour, brown sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. "Besitos de Coco" translates to 'Little Coconut Kisses'.kation
Sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Mix well to break up any lumps of brown sugar.
- Add egg yolks and butter and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and combine. Make sure it all mixes into the batter.
- Add the shredded coconut. Mix well to make sure it all sticks together. The mixture should be very thick.
- Put small 1/2 Tablespoon sized- drops onto the cookie sheet. Smaller drops are better because all of the coconut will become crunchy, but larger drops will give you a chewy consistency in the middle.
- Bake at 300F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Eat! Enjoy these delicious morsels.