Got eggs? Got sliced bread? Got breakfast. This is an easy go-to favorite of mine on weekends.
Egg in a BasketGot eggs? Got sliced bread? Got breakfast. This is an easy go-to favorite of mine on weekends.kation
Pepper, freshly ground
- Heat a frying pan to medium-low. Grease with a small amount of butter.
- Butter the bread. Cut an approximately 6cm x 5cm oval from the middle of the buttered bread.
- Place this buttered bread and the oval in the frying pan, separate from each other. Crack an egg into the bread. (It should make a sizzling sound.)
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to the top of the egg, and dill (if you are using it).
- When the butter on the topside of the bread melts, it is time to flip the egg over. (You can also look at the bottom of the cut-out oval of bread - if it is browned, it is ready). Be careful to not separate the egg from the bread.
- Add salt and pepper (and dill) to the other side.
- Serve warm. The egg yolk should be a little runny so you can sop it up with the small cut-out oval of bread.
- (If you prefer your eggs more well-done, the entire process can be done at a lower temperature so that the egg cooks through all the way.)