A sweet, savory, and creamy dish with fried shrimp and candied walnuts.
Honey Walnut ShrimpA sweet, savory, and creamy dish with fried shrimp and candied walnuts.kation
Sweetened condensed milk
- Rinse and clean the shrimp. Remove tails and shells, and bloodline (optional). Place in a bowl and marinate in egg white and salt, 30 minutes.
- Mix together condensed milk, honey, fresh lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Set this sauce aside.
- In a small pot, heat the water and sugar to make a simple syrup. Wait for the mixture to thicken and become syrupy. Pour in walnuts and stir.
- Remove walnuts from rest of concoction and let drain. These are your candied walnuts.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, and bread lightly in cornstarch. Place in hot vegetable oil and fry 2-3 minutes each side (or longer if you want to brown them).
- Remove from oil when cooked on both sides. Coat the deep-fried shrimp with mayonnaise sauce. Garnish with candied walnuts and serve with rice.