A dinner item made with eggs and cooked kale baked in a flaky pie crust.
Kale QuicheA dinner item made with eggs and cooked kale baked in a flaky pie crust.kation
Pepper, freshly ground
- Mix together the flour and salt. Add the butter and mash it in to get a crumbly meal. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time to combine (don't add too much water). Set in the refrigerator in plastic wrap.
- Wash and de-vein the kale, taking care to cut it into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- In a large frying pan, place some olive oil (or some sort of cooking oil) in the pan and fry the kale over medium to high heat. Cook until all of the leaves appear dark green and wilted. Add salt and freshly ground pepper and mix.
- In a 9-inch pie tin, grease well with butter. Spread the pie crust thinly over its surface, covering the edges.
Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Bake the pie crust for ~15 minutes, until it looks flaky and mostly cooked.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and cocorut milk, along with parmesan cheese. Mix in the cooked kale and chopped green onions.
- When the crust is done baking, remove from oven. Bring out and let cool slightly before filling it with the egg-and-kale mixture.
- Bake in the oven 20 minutes. Check to make sure the contents do not shake too much (if they jiggle, it is undercooked and continue baking for 5-minute intervals).
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving. Be careful because the contents will be hot.