A lemony bread that smells of coconut oil and buttermilk that disappears in minutes.
Magic Disappearing Lemon Poppyseed CakeA lemony bread that smells of coconut oil and buttermilk that disappears in minutes.kation
All purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine coconut oil and sugar in a large bowl (bowl 1). Add eggs one at a time and mix in lemon zest.
- In separate bowl (bowl 2), combine AP flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppyseeds.
- In third bowl (bowl 3), combine 1/4 C lemon juice, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Add part of flour mixture (bowl 2) to coconut oil mixture (bowl 1) and mix. Add part of buttermilk mixture (bowl 3) to bowl 1, and alternate adding bowls 2 and 3, ending with bowl 2 to mix all ingredients together.
- Bake in appropriate sized pans (9x5 bread pans work, as do pie tins or muffin tins). 45min-1hr for larger pans, ~25-35 minutes for muffins until tested done. Let cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 C lemon juice and 2 Tbs sugar to make a syrup. Pour the syrup over the cooled cakes and serve.