This deliciously eggy custard comes out of the oven with caramel spilling all over the surface.
Pudim de Leite Condensado (Brazilian Flan)This deliciously eggy custard comes out of the oven with caramel spilling all over the surface.kation
Sweetened condensed milk Ounces
can of 14
can of 1
- Preheat an oven to ~350F (to 400F).
- Place the 3 Tbs sugar in a baking pan (5x7 loaf pan in picture) and place in oven. Wait for sugar to caramelize (liquefies and then turns brown) and remove from oven. Let cool. (May take around 10-15 minutes)
- Mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the eggs. Pour milk into the empty can to measure (and to help wash out the rest of the sweetened condensed milk). Mix the milk in as well. (I used a speed mixer but you can also use a blender).
- When the caramel has cooled down, carefully pour the egg and milk mixture on top, using a spoon to make sure the caramel does not get displaced. Caramel should be on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in oven 60 minutes, or until the flan does not jiggle as much when you shake the pan. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve. If you serve the flan before it has cooled completely (as shown) the caramel will spill out over the sides of the flan and soak into the bottom where it is baked more.